Safe gun handling is a combination of sound logical personal behavior, common sense and courtesy. Adherence to this plan by all members is mandatory and flagrant disregard for these procedures will result in disciplinary action and possible loss of membership privileges.
We must be 100% certain that safe conditions prevail so that no person sustains serious injury while at our range.
1. Always keep guns pointed in a safe direction.
2. Always keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you are ready to shoot.
3. Always keep the action open and the firearm unloaded until ready to use.
4. Know your target and what is beyond. When on the shooting range, be mindful of adjacent areas and act accordingly.
5. Be sure the gun is safe to operate.
6. Know how to use the gun safely.
7. Use only the correct ammunition for your gun. When at the range with more than one gun, use only one gun at a time and when finished, store that firearm and ammunition before using the next one.
8. Wear eye and ear protection.
9. Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting.
10. Store guns so they are not accessible to unauthorized persons.
11. Do not reload or even touch a gun when someone is downrange setting up targets etc. Keep the gun on the bench